Monday, December 28, 2009

Exfoliate takes my tan away can i wear makeup to tan my face?

My skin is really dry so I have to exfoliate it a lot. unfortunately then my tan goes away quick a lot quicker than my body. but then when i use self tanner it just gets stripped away the next day or so. SO Ive come to terms with this tan eater monster and want to know is it ok to use then bare minerals makeup in a little bit darker of a shade for me to slightly tan me. otherwise i can keep the self tanner on and not exfoliate but my face skin gets kind of backed up feeling just dry, dull, but tan. what to do what to do...Exfoliate takes my tan away can i wear makeup to tan my face?
you should exfoliate you're body as well as your face to keep your skin looking healthy and feeling smooth. exfoliating all your skin, instead of just doing your face will mean that your face and body stay the same shade. it's recommended that you apply self tanner after you exfoliate, instead of applying the tanner and then taking it off by exfoliating the next day. applying fake tan after exfoliating tends to make the tan stay for longer.


if your face is looking paler than the rest of you using make-up in one or two shades darker then your natural colour will help to make your skin darker, but i've done this before and i find that using a bronzer gives a nicer looking tan to your face. you can build it up to the amount you want, and put more in certain places, like your cheekbones, to contour your face.Exfoliate takes my tan away can i wear makeup to tan my face?
If you exfoliate a lot you need more sun protection and use sun screen. Since you're taking away some barriers against UV rays. That's why in some products that exfoliate your skin warn and say you should use sun protection. Although may not be completely neccesary, but cause enough worry for those companies to put those warnings. I don't think its very healthy thing to get tan from sun and exfoliate and keep repeating this.
If you use a darker shade of foundation you might look unnatural or get that really awful line on your jaw bone. I would suggest using a bronzing powder! Use it kind of like blush. It's more natural and gives you a glow. But be careful not to go overboard.
I would just use a self-tanner daily. Using a shade of makeup too dark will look face and unnatural, and will streak during the day. If you don't want to use a self-tanner, stick to your regular foundation and apply bronzer to your face. Use the spray-bronzer and spray it onto a triangle makeup sponge and dot it onto the places where the sun hits your face naturally (top of forehead, top of cheekbones, bridge of nose and chin), and blend really well.


A side note-exfoliating daily is not good for your skin. It should only be done 2-3 times a week. If your skin is really dry, use a heavy duty moisturizer made for aging skin. The enzymes and vitamins in the cream will help keep your skin bright and the moisturizers will help prevent flaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment