Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why is my face so flakey even though I moisturize and exfoliate?

I use a moisturizing gel (aquitanica) every morning and night


I use a loufa cloth every other day and apricot scrub once a week.


After I put my moisturizer on and put my make up on it looks like I'm as dry as a desert! between my eyebrows and my nose esp. are flakey and if I try to srub it off it just gets worse. I like using more natural things on my face and body so if any one has any advise I would love it!Why is my face so flakey even though I moisturize and exfoliate?
it could be eczema. you should go to a dermatologistWhy is my face so flakey even though I moisturize and exfoliate?
I have long suffered the same problem. I found that drinking more water a day and rinsing my face with cold water helped a lot. Too much washing and your oil glands stop working like normal and you get the cracking.
Drink lots of water but it could be the Gel you are using as once its dried it leaves a film on your face which rolls off like skin when you put your make-up on. Try a cream moisturiser for dry skin and wait 5 minutes before putting your make-up on.





Oh and don't use soap on your face as this dries the skin out.
Maybe you're using too many different things on your face too close together.
The same thing used to happen to me, but i used a smoother washcloth to scrub my face and I started using a body butter on my dry spots instead of my usual face cream.


It has more oil so it keeps it moisturized.
See a dermatologist. Not to scare you but some forms of skin cancer appear as flakey skin.
It sounds like all of the different products you're using is drying your skin out. Stop using everything you're using, and go to the store to get a different moisturizing lotion. Then just use that every day, and see if your skin gets better. If it does, then you know the other things were causing a problem. Also try drinking more water, it can really help moisturize your skin.
It's probably because you use too much! Try drinking more water.
The products you're using are probably not Ph correct. The products I use are botanically based and are Ph correct. They are amazing. Let me know if you'd like more information.
Is your water from a the well water
exfoliate less. try once a week. it also may be your makeup.
If you have sensitive skin you may need a gentler cleanser, and a softer object to scrub your face.





Some people like me can't use anything except the most gentle products such as galdermas cetaphil, and my hands to wash my face then pat dry with a clean soft towel.





Also, if you don't drink enough water on a daily basis, your chances of getting dry skin and chapped lips may increase.
Effects of cosmetic residue .
your using WAY too many things thats 1!! and 2 your washing your face too much that drys it out! TRY THIS buy cocoa butter and or shea butter and that all u need!! wash your face only when showering and just use cocoa or shea butter as many times as you want too per day!! if that doesn't work go see a dermatologist cause you mite not just be dry skin.
Perhaps you have Exmas (Spelling) Its just a common skin condition that makes your skin very dry and flakey. A chemist can probably give you something for it.
I always have dry skin. I actually found this pretty cool website that helped me out with it and some other skin questions I have. They also do a live/interactive radio show to answer any questions on skin health in general. Actually, their topic this week is about skin care. Yous should look into it. Hope this helps you!








http://www.skinhealthtoday.com/radioshow鈥?/a>
I have the similar problem only in the winter. I use so much moisturizer it's ridiculous...yet, my skin flakes like crazy. Curious to see the opinions ppl give you cause I need an answer to this question also.
It may be because of how many products you're using...You may be drying your face out. Also, if you use too much moisturizer, that could be a problem as well. Also, sticking to one brand may be a good decision, and only using it for the recommended amount in a day...Hope this helps!
Try one of the moisturizing masks on my profile. Just click my picture and copy the recipes. Either one should help. Both are completely natural and made with stuff you probably have in the house right now..





The alcohols in most creams, lotions, etc dry out your skin. While they appear moisturized for a little while, it's just a coating of petroleum, not actually doing anyting to moisturize the cells.





If you are using acne-control products on your face or the ones taken internally, they stop the ability of your skin to produce oils, so your skin is like the sahara desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment