Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's the best way to exfoliate my skin?

After some research about my skin, I'm pretty positive that I need to take care of my skin by exfoliating dead skin cells that aren't shedding properly. This is for my face AND my body.





The only problem is, it seems like there are so many ways it can be done, and I don't know what's most effective. The only info I can get from google searches are websites devoted to products, and of course each one says that THEY'RE the best at exfoliating.





So from your experience what is necessary and what is not?





1) a rougher-than-normal scrubbing device


2) a body scrub with slightly-abrasive beads or bits


3) a soap with Salicylic Acid


4) a facial mask





It seems like if I used a really rough scrubber along with a soap with bits, it might damage my skin, and I wouldn't be able to really use it on my face. Do I have to get all of them and just see what works? Is there anything you've heard doesn't matter when it comes to exfoliating?





Thanks for your help everyone!What's the best way to exfoliate my skin?
okay, i definitely recommend Biore exfoliating face wash with bead scrubbers... it works i promise you!!!! :) :) and also, use a natural face mask every now and again. but biore is excellent cuz it gets all of your dead skin cells off your faceWhat's the best way to exfoliate my skin?
i am OBSESSED with exfoliation... so ive tried every product out there..





for your face i 1000000% urge you to by ';St.Ives apricot scrub'; its the best thing in the world... its coarse enough yet its so moisturizing and leaves your skin glowing.





as for your body, believe it or not... just exfoliating gloves and normal shower gel will do the trick.. but what i love is what i made...





all you need is





honey.. how ever much you want


raw sugar


* that will make a basic scrub.. and boy does your skin feel so great after.


you can add...


ginger slices


orange peel


lemon peel. ect





just mix it all together and but it in a jar and leave it in the shower. .( you can also use it on your face.)





anything you like its all good for your skin.... and its awesome.. trust me
never ever use a rough scrub on your face! it will have the opposite effect of what you're trying to achieve. it will cause pimples and premature aging. use a mild scrub on your face, such as oats, fruit seeds, almond meals/or clays. a body scrub may be a bit rougher, with sugar or coarse salt in it, even coffee grings work great at toning legs. In my experience the BEST exfoliating method for your body is through 'dry brushing' this is done through using a cloth (such as agate, sisal, loofah http://fromnaturewithlove.com/scrubs/thu鈥?/a>


this makes your skin (and whole body) so soft and healthy and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment