Thursday, January 7, 2010

I know what exfoliating is but I am really unsure about how to go about it.?

Is there a different process for homemade than there is facial scrubs or what? If you could just tell me step by step the order of what you have to do. Do you wash your face, moisturise, exfoliate or another way round. Pls tell me.I know what exfoliating is but I am really unsure about how to go about it.?
If I were you, I wouldn't bother. I spent years buying loads of different face washes, scrubs, toners etc., and it was a waste of money. The more you do to your skin, the more irritated it becomes, and the more oil it produces. And more oil leads to more spots.





I recommend you just wash your face twice a day with an antibiotic face wash, and then moisturise using a water-based moisturiser. Anything more just damages your skin.I know what exfoliating is but I am really unsure about how to go about it.?
Exfoliating just means a very small ammount of roughness against any area of your skin to help get rid of old dead skin cells. You can get an exfoliating scrub with which you wash your face or you can get exfoliating gloves or a sponge with which you can use any old face wash, or none if you just want to exfoliate. Then you gently pat dry and always moisturise after you've washed otherwise you're just washing it away!


If you get exfoliating gloves you can exfoliate your whole body in the shower!
ways to exfoliate your body would be in the shower with a loofah (poofy sponge) and body wash - either an exfoliating one with beads or a regular one. i like Caress Tahitian Renewal.





i wash my face with lukewarm water to open the pores, dispense cleanser on my fingers and rub on my face in circular motions - an exfoliater could be your cleanser - a face wash with beads in it. than after 30 sec/a minute or so, wash off with lukewarm water and finish with cold right after to close the pores and tighten the skin to help keep skin looking young and fresh. i then moisterize with a face lotion that has at LEAST SPF 15 and if its greasy, i lightly powder my face (if i don't want to point foundation/tinted moisterizer on). i currently use Clearasil Face Wash - with a pump dispenser and Almay moisurizer for combination skin (Cetaphil also has a good face lotion)





at home remedies could be using raw egg or plain yogurt with table salt or sugar.
To avoid irritation, start with the corner of a washcloth with facial soap on it. Lightly rub your face %26amp; neck in small circles, rinse, pat dry and moisturize.





If your skin is ok, no red itchy blotches that hurt, you can move up to something more coarse than a washcloth like a facial loofa (come in little circular pads- one side is softer than the other) that cost $2 or so.





*Choose a good soap with fewest chemicals (I am in love with 'Kiss My Face' soaps that come in a pump).





*After you rinse off the soap with warm water, splash your face with really cold water- this makes your freshly exfoliated pores 'tighten'.





*Choose a good moisturizer that's light and easy for your skin to 'drink up' really well. Change brands from time to time so the product stays effective.





I don't like bottled exfoliators- soap with beads and stuff in them because it takes a long time to get the results you can get with just one or two goes of a nice soap %26amp; coarse pad.





Don't put too much pressure on your face- go lightly to gently remove the dry layer(s) of dead skin. You don't want to scratch yourself. I have a routine that works for me- I was a welder %26amp; came home everyday with filthy skin! By doing what I did and still do, I rarely had even one zit.





Sorry so long, hope it helped! :)
Theres body wash with beads that I use in the shower with a wash cloth or something to exfoliate..then i get out of the shower and put lotion on to moisturize.
Just wash your chops, the rest is made up to make you give


your money to the make-up industry's,


dont be like every over fool and fall for it...
  • ds browser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment