Thursday, January 7, 2010

How often should I exfoliate? And should I do it at night or in the morning?

Hey Kelly, as a dermo-tech i get this question a lot. It is quite a hard question to answer, as in that each skin has different requirements. As a general rule exfoliate once to twice weekly at night. Post exfoliation time is also great for mask's and serums to be applied after. Also go easy on the granular scrubs, as I see a lot of damage caused from the good old ';apricot blasting';How often should I exfoliate? And should I do it at night or in the morning?
i choose to exfoliate in the morning after i brush my teeth because it feels so refreshing rather than at night... i do it every two days. i use clinque. its about 13 dollars and its the BOMBHow often should I exfoliate? And should I do it at night or in the morning?
I would say every two or three days. If you do it every day it can really dry out your skin. And I would suggest doing it at night. That way it gets rid of the days dead skin and the dirt from the day.
yup. Exfoliating helps remove dirt and dead skin cells. Doing it once or twice a week will give you a soft and glowing skin. You can use loofah with liquid soap or even those with exfoliating beeds. I've tried using liquid soap mixed with brown sugar. It works pretty well!
I would suggest you that you exfoliate your skin 1 to 2 times a week. Both of our gommage exfoliators gently buff away dulling surface flakes, unclogs pores and smooth out skin as it exfoliates. It does not matter whether you exfoliate morning or night, but be sure to cleanse and tone your skin first as exfoliators are not cleansers.

No comments:

Post a Comment